10.1.10.1 is a part of private network IP 10.1.10.0/24 registered by Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).
To use this IP address, you don’t have to necessarily take the consent of any organization since it is a private IP address.
You can use one of these without the consent of a regional Internet registry as laid in RFC 1918, in contrast to all the public addresses.
Comcast has long been into the business aspect of routers and has been an ardent provider of routers.
As an important step, it is always necessary that you secure the admin settings with the login portal. To login to 10.1.10.1 enter the username and password as given on the router or in the manual.
What Is It Used For?
It can be helpful in various tasks such as changing the login credentials and securing your DNS.
When it comes to accessing the default gateway, you will need a local browser and the system which is connected to the Wi-Fi station.
Read more about the 10.0.0.2 router login IP here.
There are a ton of different things that you can try using 10.1.10.1 DNS which are important and one should be cautious of upon usage.
Many people are even confused when they see 10.1.10.1 Comcast and 10.1.10.1 Xfinity, both of which are similar. Xfinity is just the previous name of Comcast.
10.1.10.1 Default Login Password and Username
How to use the 10.1.10.1 Default Gateway?
1. Comcast Business Router
You can easily manage your network and its security settings using the 10.1.10.1 Comcast business wireless gateway admin tool. The very first thing to ensure is that you secure your router by changing its default credentials.
- Open any of your local browsers, make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi station wherein you wish to change the login credentials. It should be the Comcast Wi-Fi station.
- Enter the address http://10.1.10.1 and you will be redirected to the login page. This will be your Comcast modem login page.
- On the login page, enter the following info
Login Username: cusadmin
Login Password: high speed or CantTouchThis
- Then click login. (Note that users are not allowed to change the username)
- Now you should see a “Change Password” option in the top right corner, where you will be able to change the Comcast router password.
- It will open two boxes, one for the old password and another for the new password. Enter the fields and make sure your password is at least eight characters long, has alphanumeric characters in it, and is a combination of special characters along with lower and upper case letters.
- Re-enter your new password and you are good to go.
- Select the Save option and your settings will be updated. Note that even the settings for Cisco routers are the same except for the difference in the user interface.
Also Read About: 10.0.0.0.1 Xfinity/Comcast Router Login IP Address
2. Cisco Router
In case you wish to change the default credentials of the 10.1.10.1 Cisco router. Follow the process given below:
- Make sure you are connected to your same Wi-Fi station wherein you have to change the settings. Now, Open your local browser and enter the IP address http://10.1.10.1
- You shall be redirected to the login page where you can enter the following:
Login Username: cusadmin
Login Password: highspeed
- Now change the login credentials. You will need the old password to update it with a new one. As a precaution, ensure that your password is strong and has a good mix of certain characters that are hard to guess. Don’t forget to save the settings.
- If you have misplaced the password you just input apart from the default one, then you will be able to reset the router.
- Another thing to change is the SSID aka Service Set Identifier. It is the name that you see when you check for the available Wi-Fi stations in your area. If the default settings are left unchanged, then it can become very easy for an intruder to peep in. It is always better to keep the SSID clean and simple.
3. SMC Router
Many users also have SMC routers and similar to the above routers, even this router’s security can be strengthened by fiddling a little with the default gateway login page.
- Open your browser(Chrome or Firefox) and type the address in the URL bar: http://10.1.10.1
- You will get a login page that shall ask you to enter your user ID and password. Remember by default if you have never changed the credentials then you can use the following details.
Login Username: admin
Login Password: admin/sysadmin
- Once you get through the login page then you can see multiple settings that you can check out and update as needed.
- It is highly recommended that you change your password that has a good mix of alphanumeric characters, numbers, and special characters. Also, you should change the name of your SSID, also known as your Wi-Fi station.
1. 10.1.10.1 isn’t working
Firstly, you need to ensure that your gateway is not in bridge mode. If it is then your connection to the 10.1.10.1 IP will be disabled by default.
Just in case you are not using any of the Comcast Static IP on a Comcast gateway(CG) including SMCD#G, Netgear 3000 DCR, or DPC3939B, then you need to hit the reset button for a minimum of 15 seconds.
Now once reset, your default parameters including the access to the 10.1.10.1 gateway will return.
2. 10.1.10.1 timed out or refused to connect
This is again an issue when your router SMCD3G-CCR is into bridge mode– You will often see this problem occurring. The best way to resolve it is by resetting the browser’s settings. A simple power cycle will reset the functions back to normal.
Other Important Terms You Should Know: 10.1.10.1 Subnet
Read more about Router Login IP Addresses at 10-0-0-0-1.org