10.1.10.1 is a part of private network IP 10.1.10.0/24 registered by Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
To use this IP address, you don’t have to necessarily take the consent of any organization since it is a private IP address.
You can use one of these without the consent of a regional internet registry as laid in RFC 1918 unlike all the public addresses.
Comcast has long been into the business aspect of the routers and has been an ardent provider of routers.
As an important step, it is always very important that you secure the admin settings with the login portal. To login into 10.1.10.1 enter the username and password as given on the router or in the manual.
If you have a Cisco router or Netgear router, the same IP address shall be applicable to you.
What it is used for ?
It can be helpful in a number of different tasks such as changing the login credentials and securing your DNS.
As far as accessing the default gateway is concerned, you will just need a local browser and the system which is connected to the wifi station.
Also read about 10.0.0.2 router login IP
There are a ton of different things that you can try using 10.1.10.1 dns which are important and one should be cautious while making use of it.
Many people are even confused when they see 10.1.10.1 comcast and 10.1.10.1 xfinity, both of which are similar things. Xfinity is just the previous name of Comcast.
10.1.10.1 Default Login Password and Username
How to use 10.1.10.1 Default Gateway ?
1. Comcast Business Router
You can very easily manage your network and the security settings using the 10.1.10.1 Comcast business wireless gateway admin tool. The very first thing to ensure is that you secure your router by changing the default credentials of your router.
- Open any of your local browser, make sure it is connected to the same wifi station for which you wish to change the login credentials. It should be the comcast wifi station.
- Enter the address http://10.1.10.1 and you will be redirected to the login page. This will be your Comcast modem login page.
- Also Read about: 10.0.0.0.1 Xfinity/Comcast ® Router Login IP Address
- In the login page, enter the following info
- Login Username: cusadmin
- Login Password: highspeed or CantTouchThis
- Then click login. (Users are not allowed to change the username cusadmin)
- Now you should see a Change Password option in the top right corner. That’s where you will be able to change the Comcast router password.
- It will open two boxes, one for old password and another for the new password. Enter the fields and make sure your password is at least eight characters long, has alphanumeric characters in it and is a combination of special characters along with lower and upper case letters.
- Re-enter your new password and you are good to go.
- Select the Save option and your settings will be updated. Even the settings for cisco routers is same except for the difference in user interface.
2. Cisco Router
In case you wish to change the default credentials of 10.1.10.1 Cisco router. Follow the process given below
You may also like to read: 10.0.0.1 | Comcast Xfinity ® Router/Wifi Network Login
- Make sure you are connected to your same wifi station for which you have to change the settings. Now, Open your local browser and enter the IP address http://10.1.10.1
- You shall be redirected to the login page where you can enter the
- Login Username: cusadmin
- Login Password: highspeed
- Now change the login credentials, you will need the old password in order to update it with a new one. As a precaution, ensure that you password is strong and has a good mix of certain characters which are hard to guess. Don’t forget to save the settings
- If you have misplaced your already changed password apart from the default one then you can reset the router.
- Another thing to change is the SSID aka service set identifier. It is the name that you see when you check for the available wifi stations in your area. If the default settings are left unchanged, then it can become very easy to an intruder to peep in. It is always better to keep the SSID simple and clean.
3. SMC Router
Many users also have SMC routers and similar to above routers, even this router’s security can be strengthened by fiddling a little with the default gateway login page.
- Open your browser(Chrome or Firefox) and type the address in URL bar: http://10.1.10.1
- You will get a login page that shall ask you to enter user ID and password. Remember by default if you have never changed the credentials then you can use the following details.
- Login Username: admin
- Login Password: admin/smsadmin
- Once you pass though the login page then you can see for many different settings which you can check out and update as required
- It is highly recommended that you change your password and make it something which has a good mix of alphanumeric characters, numbers and special characters. Also you should change the name of your wifi station also known as SSID.
10.1.10.1 isn’t working
Firstly, you need to ensure that your gateway is not in the bridge mode. If it is then your connection to the 10.1.10.1 IP will be disabled by default.
Just in case you are not using any of the Comcast Static IP on a Comcast gateway(CG) including SMCD#G, Netgear 3000 DCR or DPC3939B, then you need to hit the reset button for a minimum of 15 seconds.
Now once reset, your default parameters including the access to 10.1.10.1 gateway will be back.
10.1.10.1 timed out or refused to connect
This is again an issue when your router SMCD3G-CCR is into bridge mode– You will often see this problem occuring. The best way to resolve it is by resetting the browser’s settings. A simple power cycle will set things working normally again.
Other Important Terms you should know: 10.1.10.1 Subnet
Read more about Router Login IP Addresses at 10-0-0-0-1.org
Updated on: 12 August 2018