2wire is a brand now owned by Arris International Plc. They were one of the best manufacturers of telecommunication equipment. 2wire routers give you great speeds in a network and come with the most up to date security settings. They are great to be used for home and small businesses.
The 3800HGV-B model comes with Integrated voice over IP, multimedia coaxial networking and advanced diagnostics which make it a great choice. To make any changes in the default settings, you need to log in to the router. But the biggest hurdle people face is with the credentials required to login. In this post, we help you fix those issues.
Prerequisites To access the default login gateway of 2wire 3800HGV-B:
- A system which connected to the home Wifi
- A personal computer where you can access a browser
Steps to Login into 2wire 3800HGV-B Router
Step 1: Open the web browser
Enter the default IP address in the search bar/URL of your browser. The IP address for 2wire router ls 192.168.1.254, you can also click on this link : http://192.168.1.254 to directly open the default gateway.
Step 2: Enter the default Username and Password:
If you enter the correct IP address for your router , you will get the login screen to enter the username and password. If you are operating the router for first time, use the default username and password, else look for the box of 3800HGV-B model or the default credentials.
- Default Username: none/To Be Left Blank
- Default Password: none/To Be Left Blank
PS: We found the above username-password combination was correct in 74% cases.
Step 3: Setting up the 2wire 3800HGV-B Login Details:
Default username and password can be easy to predict based on, one can fiddle with your router so It’s recommended to change the default username and password to make the router secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to change your username and password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password for 2wire router needs to be written down somewhere
Step 4: Change SSID for 2wire router
The different wifi names that you see inside the network tab is called SSID or service set identifier. By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as 2wire. You should change the default name because if you don’t then it will be easy for anyone to guess your details.
- Make the SSID short and simple
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router
Step 5: Secure 2wire 3800HGV-B router settings:
Inside the default gateway, see for the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best security level possible.
Solutions to Issues of the 2wire 3800HGV-B router
1. 2wire 3800HGV-B Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to 3800HGV-B Router
First of all, try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or Xfinity forums and see for the different set of default password to be used. If nothing works, try doing a reset for your router.
3. How to Reset the 2wire Router To Default Settings
The process is simple. Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.