The Alcatel-Lucent Cellpipe 7130 RG router comes with a speed of up to 54Mbps. The device also gets four ethernet ports but no USB ports. Cellpipe is suitable for residential internet purposes as it can’t handle heavy-duty streamings.
When it comes to any router, ensure that the security feature is well taken care of. To determine if the router’s configuration is in place, you have to log in to the router’s default gateway. You can log in using an IP address which presents several functions that the user can configure.
In this article, we will guide you through the login process and the right protocols to follow with the Alcatel-Lucent Cellpipe 7130 RG router.
Prerequisites to Access the Default Login Gateway of Alcatel-Lucent Cellpipe 7130 RG:
- A system connected to the home Wi-Fi.
- A personal computer to access a browser.
Guide to Login to the Alcatel-Lucent CellPipe 7130 RG Router
Step 1: Open the Web Browser
Enter the default IP address in the search bar URL of your browser. The IP address for Alcatel-lucent Cellpipe 7130 RG router ls 10.0.0.1, you can also click on this link: http://10.0.0.1 to directly open the default gateway.
Step 2: Enter the default Username and Password
If you enter the correct IP address for your router, you will get the login screen to enter the username and password. If you are operating the router for the first time, use the default username and password, if not, look for the box of the F5D7230-4 model or the default credentials.
- Login Username: admin
- Login Password: admin
Note: The above username-password combination was correct in 98% of cases.
Step 3: Setting Up the Alcatel-Lucent CellPipe 7130 RG Login Details
Default username and password can be easy to predict and anyone can easily fiddle with your router so it’s recommended to change the default username and password. This would strengthen your router’s security and prevent it from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to Change your Username and Password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters.
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember.
- Username should be simple and user-friendly.
- Username and password for Alcatel-Lucent router need to be written down somewhere as a precaution.
Step 4: Change SSID for Alcatel-Lucent CellPipe 7130 RG Router
The different Wi-Fi names that you see inside the network tab is the Service Set Identifier (SSID). By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as Cellpipe 7130. You should change the default name to make it hard for anyone to guess your details.
- Make the SSID short and simple.
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire.
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router
Step 5: Secure Alcatel-Lucent Cellpipe 7130 RG Router Settings
Inside the default gateway, look for the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best possible security level.
Solutions to Alcatel-lucent 7130 RG Router Issues
1. Alcatel-Lucent Cellpipe 7130 RG Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The quick fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to Alcatel-Lucent Cellpipe 7130 RG Router
Common sense dictates to try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or Xfinity forums and look for a different set of default passwords to be used. If nothing works, try resetting your router.
3. How to Reset the Alcatel-Lucent Cellpipe 7130 RG Router to its Default Settings
Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 15-30 seconds.
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 15-30 seconds.
Let us know in the comments about how our five-step guide helped improve your router issues.