Arris routers and modems do not seem to fall short of delivering high-quality routers and modems. The Arris DG1670, also known as XB6, is a device that lets you connect to the web, home network, and even your smartphone without needing a separate wireless router.
The Arris DG1670 modem has DOCSIS 3.0 standard, which is the industry standard facilitating high bandwidth data transfer for users who have an existing cable TV system. The Arris DG1670 is a multi-functional device as you can make calls over it using the Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adapter (EMTA) technology.
This article aims to explain how you can access the Arris DG1670 modem and make necessary changes to the configuration.
Prerequisites to Access the Default Login Gateway of Arris DG1670:
• A system connected to the home Wi-Fi.
• A personal computer to access a browser.
5 Steps to Login to the Arris DG1670 Router
Step 1: Open a Web Browser
Enter the default IP address in the search bar/URL of your browser—the IP address for the Arris DG1670 router ls 192.168.0.1. You can also click on this link: https://192.168.0.1 to open the default gateway directly.
Step 2: Input the Default Username and Password
If you enter the correct IP address for your router, you will get the login screen to enter the username and password. If you are operating the router for the first time, use the default username and password or look for the Arris DG1670 router box for the default credentials.
• Login Username: admin
• Login Password: password
Note: The above username-password combination was correct in 95% of cases.
Step 3: Setting Up the Login Details of the Arris DG1670
The default username and password can be easy to predict. Anyone can fiddle with your router, so we recommend changing the default username and password to make the router secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to Change the Username and Password:
• Look for a password with a combination of alphanumeric characters and special characters.
• Consider making your password at least 8-16 characters long, complicated yet easy to remember.
• The username should be user-friendly and straightforward.
• The username and password for the Actiontec router need to be written down somewhere as a precaution.
Step 4: Change SSID for Arris DG1670 Router
The different Wi-Fi names you see inside the network tab are the Service Set Identifier (SSID). By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router, so in this case, you may see the SSID as DG1670. You should change the default name; if not, it will be easy for anyone to guess your details.
Steps to Change the SSID or Network Name:
• Make the SSID short and straightforward.
• Please don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire.
• Please don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router.
Step 5: Secure the Arris DG1670 Router Settings
Inside the default gateway, check the encryption settings of your network. You must set the encryption to WPA2-PSK, which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best security level possible.
Solutions to Arris DG1670 Router Issues
1. Arris DG1670 Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin.” In case it doesn’t work, then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The quick fix is to reset the router—press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to Arris DG1670 Router
Common sense dictates to try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t see anything, you may contact the ISP or look through Xfinity forums and find a different set of default passwords to use. If nothing works, try resetting your router.
3. How to Reset the Arris DG1670 Router To Default Settings
The process is simple. Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
1. When the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds using a sharp or hard object.
2. As you hold down the reset button, unplug the router’s power and hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
3. Continue holding down the reset button, turn on the unit’s power button again, and hold for 30 seconds more.
Comment below if our guide helped you access the Arris DG1670 router and if our quick fixes improved your networking experience at home.