Arris has been a pioneer in manufacturing routers and modems. Their latest offering the Touchstone TG1682G telephony gateway is a router which comes with 4 ethernet connections that users can use at home or office LAN. You will get 802.11a/b/g/n/ac connectivity and also two separate lines of telephone service.
We will help you with login directions for the Arris router default gateway. The Touchstone TG1682G gateways are DOCSIS compliant and have an amazing speed faster than the cable modems. The Arris TG1682G router is also integrated with MoCA 2.0 home networking making it great for home usage. The router is future proof as you get a USB port for external USB support.
- If possible, get the router box as it has the default username and password
- Get a system where you can access web over a browser(No Tablet or Smartphone)
- System Requirements:
- CPU: P4, 3GHz or faster
- RAM: 1GB or greater
- Hard drive: 7200 RPM or faster
- Ethernet: Gig-E (1000BaseT)
Ways to Connect Arris TG1682G with your Computer:
- Wired Connection: You can connect the router to your system using an ethernet cable which comes with the router. In case you want to connect multiple routers, you can do so using an ethernet hub.
- Wireless Connection: TG1682G comes with wireless LAN standard which allows multiple computers to access the router using a wireless signal. Make sure your system has a wireless card for the same. You can even use both the connection methods in one go
Login Steps for Arris TG1682G Router
Step 1: Open The Browser
Open your browser and enter the login IP address 10.0.0.1 to get the default gateway. You can simply copy-paste or click this address http://10.0.0.1
PS: Make sure to be connected to your home wifi when doing this step. Also, don’t add extra zero as it will cause an error.
Step 2: Enter Username and Password on Default Gateway
To be able to enter the router settings and make changes, you will need the default username and password. This is an Xfinity product that Comcast bought in the market so the login screen and details shall be almost same.
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: password
PS: If the above username and password don’t work. You may have changed the default details. In that case, you need to reset the router. Just press-and-hold reset button for 15 seconds using a sharp object.
Step 3: Change the SSID
Whenever you open the network tab, you see lots of network names. Those names are called SSID or service set identifier. By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router. You need to change the default name as without changing anyone can guess the default details and enter router settings.
- Make it short and simple
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router
Step 4: Setting up the Arris TG1682G Login Details
Once you have changed the SSID, now change the default username and password so that your router becomes secure from unknown attempts.
Tips to change your username and password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password for Xfinity router needs to be written down somewhere
Step 5: Secure Arris TG1682G router settings
When you log in to the default gateway of, see for the encryption settings of your network. You should set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best security level possible.
Solutions to Issues of Arris TG1682G router
1. Arris TG1682G Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “password” itself. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 15 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to Arris TG1682G Router
First of all, try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or Xfinity forums and see for the different set of default password to be used. If nothing works, try doing a reset for your router.
3. How to Reset the Arris TG1682G Router To Default Settings
The process is simple. Press-and-hold the reset button for 15 seconds.