The Cisco model DPC3941T router is wired and a wireless model which can be used to create a network with ease. This router can be used to create a voice and networking gateway suitable for homes and small offices. You get lots of features with the DPC3941T Xfinity router model like NAT support, MAC address filtering, IPv6 support, and Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) support.
Cisco router DPC3941T supports wireless band 802.11b/g/n/ac. The router comes with 4 port switch and a USB port. The USP of this router is that it’s a residential voice gateway which can be used both as wired and as a wireless device. This post shall help you with ways to login to the router and do changes if required.
- Get the router box as it has the default username and password
- A system where you can access web over a browser(No Tablet or Smartphone)
Login Steps for Cisco DPC3941T Xfinity Router
Step 1: Open Web Browser
PS: Be connected to your home wifi when doing this step. Ensure you are entering the correct IP address.
Step 2: Enter Username and Password on Default Gateway
To enter the router settings and make changes, you will need the default username and password. Use the below combination that works in most cases. If it doesn’t, contact Cisco or Xfinity customer care.
- Default Username: Cisco/admin/none
- Default Password: Cisco/password/none
PS: The probability of the above combination of username and password is 35%, 26% and 15%.
Step 3: Change the SSID
Whenever you open the network tab, you see lots of network names. Those names are called SSID or service set identifier. By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router. You need to change the default name as without changing anyone can guess the default details and enter router settings.
- Make it short and simple
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router
Step 4: Setting up the Cisco DPC3941T Xfinity Login Details
Once you have changed the SSID, now change the default username and password so that your router becomes secure from unknown attempts.
Tips to change your username and password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password for router needs to be written down somewhere
Step 5: Secure Cisco DPC3941T Xfinity router settings
When you log in to the default gateway of, see for the encryption settings of your network. You should set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best security level possible.
Solutions to Issues of Cisco DPC3941T Xfinity router
1. Cisco DPC3941T Xfinity Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “password” itself. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 15 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to Cisco DPC3941T Xfinity Router
First of all, try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or Cisco router forums and see for a different set of default password to be used. If nothing works, try doing a reset for your router.
3. How to Reset the Cisco DPC3941T Xfinity Router To Default Settings
The process is simple. Press-and-hold the reset button for 15 seconds.