Xfinity routers are spread across the globe.
If it’s the first time when you are using the modem then it is required that you make use of the default login page and change all the default credentials with which the device is shipped.
In this post we will guide you to, how to change Xfinity WiFi name and password ?
Changing Wi-Fi name and password is important because otherwise anyone can make their way through your router and change the settings.
Apart from the default username and the password, it is also recommended that you change the SSID which means Service Set Identifier.
A SSID is the name of the router that appears when you search for a network.
Now imagine if you are using the default credentials for your Comcast router, then anyone who is aware of the default username and password can make their way into the modem and fiddle with the settings.
Let’s look at a few steps to know how exactly can you change the SSID and the basic credentials like username and password.
Make sure you are connected to the xfinity router.
Ideally you should request it with the provider but in case you have decided to change the password then, follow the below steps.
- Go to your local web browser and type the IP address 192.168.1.1 In most cases all the default user id will be “admin” while the default password shall be “password“, but you may have a blank password as well. For more information on what are the probable credentials of your Xfinity box, Head Here
- Go to Gateway -> Connection -> Wi-Fi and press the EDIT button next to your wireless network.
- Change the Xfinity Wi-fi Network Name (SSID) and Password to whatever you desire and then press the SAVE SETTINGS button.
- It is always recommended to change the actual router password as well so it’s not the default one. Go to Troubleshooting -> Change Password, provide the Current Password, the New Password, and Re-enter New Password and press the SAVE button.
To Change Xfinity WiFi Username and Password, you can help yourself with the following steps.
1. How to Change Your Xfinity Wifi Name?
- You need to head to the My Account section in your router’s setting, Proceed by Sign in.
- You will see the users tab at the very top of the page
- Now, select the user for which you would like to change the username
- PS: Only the primary/main user/admin can change the username of any other user on an account
- Once you spot the user’s page, click on edit that shall appear to the right side of current username
- Enter your current password for verification. Now you can keep a username and then click on update username
- Upon successful completion, you shall get a message!
2. How to Change Wifi password
- Ensure that you are connected to the network for which you wish to change the password. (wired or wireless)
- Open your local browser and type the IP address 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1, its a router’s Default gateway and this shall bring up the login screen
- Enter username and password.
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- Change your password: Now you can change your password by clicking on “change password“ available at the top right of the admin panel.
- PS: Make sure your password is strong and contains combination of alphanumeric characters and special characters.
- Now you have successfully updated the settings