We may ignore the necessity of logging in to our network from time to time, but it is the first thing you should do to access your router settings, whether you like it or not. In case you didn't know, your Amped wireless router's configuration is critical for various reasons. What exactly are they?
To begin, how do you change your router and password without accessing it through the router settings? Do you believe you'll be able to access it without logging into the router? No, it does not!
What is Amped Wireless Router?
Amped Wireless is one of the most popular brands in wireless networking. They offer a wide range of routers, access points, and other networking equipment to suit your needs. But setting up an Amped wireless network for your home or business can be confusing. That is why we have created this simple instruction to log in to your Amped Wi-Fi.
Like any other router, Amped wireless has many features that we can configure and change from the router's interface, such as Guest Network, Parental Controls, and more. This is one of the primary reasons for logging in. We can configure the router settings to protect our network from hackers, viruses, and malware.
How to Login to Amped Wireless?
If you wish to change the default login details later, you will have to log in to the router. You can also modify more settings after logging in to the Amped wireless router.
To perform this:
- Turn your computer on and connect it directly with an Amped wireless device using an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi. Check if both are turned ON before you begin.
- Once connected, open any browser application like Chrome or Firefox to view webpages online.
- Once the browser is opened, you may now open a new tab and type Amped wireless in the search bar provided by your web browser application.
- Type required credentials (username & password). Both are case-sensitive, so make sure you type it correctly.
- You have successfully logged into the web interface. Now you can modify your wireless network settings and see the performance of your home or office Wi-Fi device by following the wireless router setup wizard.
Use Web Browser to Access Setup Wizard
Now that you're already logged into your router, you can change the settings to whatever you want. However, there have been times when we have been puzzled when configuring our router. This is where the setup wizard comes in.
To perform this:
- Use PC/Laptop or mobile devices and go to address bar of Web Browser (for example, Google Chrome) and type http://setup.ampedwireless.com.
- From the web, the menu clicks Next to continue.
- The Setup Wizard will walk you through the following settings:
• Internet connection
• Settings system clock
• Wireless settings
- Click Start to begin.
Amped Wireless Default Login Details
The Amped wireless router comes with a default login that will help you access the wireless router. The default Amped wireless user name and password is:
- IP Address: 192.168.80.240
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
Setting a New Login and Password for the Web Menu
Amped wireless router comes with default login details which you can change to anything of your choice. It is essential to change your SSID name into something more secure and personal.
To perform this:
- Open your web browser and type http://setup.ampedwireless.com.
- Enter your default login username and password.
- Go to More Settings > Management > Password on the left side of the web menu.
- On the username and password field, enter your desired username and password.
- Click Next and save the changes.
Characteristics of Strong Password
Password is the first shield line for your wireless router, so using a strong password is essential. A strong password should have these three characteristics:
- Contain at least 12 characters
- Include uppercase and lowercase letters
- Include numbers or symbols
Resetting Amped Wireless Password
What if I forgot my password? This is everybody's question. Amped Wireless routers are equipped with a default factory set password that you can change in the router's configuration through an account. Use the instruction below to set the new password for your password. The instruction is additionally necessary to amend.
The disadvantage of putting up a new password for your wireless router is that you may forget the new password. If you've forgotten your password, there's a simple method to recover it.
To perform this:
- Find the reset button at the rear of your Amped wireless router.
- Hold the reset button for ten seconds.
- Release the button, and that's it. Your password has been reset.
Amped Wireless FAQ
1. What if I failed to open the menu via a web browser?
If you failed to open the menu via a web browser, the router reset button might be your best shot.
2. Does Amped wireless have any mobile applications?
Yes, Amped wireless provides an app for Android or iOS platforms that is also compatible with Windows and Mac OSX platforms.
3. What if I get a login error message on my computer?
There's no need to worry if the password doesn't work because everything can easily be fixed by performing a Wi-Fi password reset.
4. Is it required to change my default login details?
No. Amped wireless login details do not need to be changed, but they may be essential for security reasons.
5. What if Amped Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting?
If the Amped router keeps dropping the internet connection, you need to check your settings and try changing the channel of your modem or Wi-Fi extender.
Setting up and logging in to your Amped wireless network is easy with these simple instructions. If you're looking for a reliable, high-performing Wi-Fi solution that will work well in the modern home or business environment, then Amped wireless might be just what you need!
Did you solve your problem with Amped wireless router? Let us know how you fixed it by leaving a comment below!