Netgear is a popular company that sells Wi-Fi routers to consumers. Netgear offers several different models, but today we are going to focus on the Netgear Nighthawk AC2100 router.
This particular model is easy to set up and can provide excellent coverage for your entire home or office. If you like to know how to set up this Netgear router, then keep reading!
What is Netgear AC2100?
Netgear AC2100 has been designed for easy setup and installation. It supports a reliable app that you may access and alter your router settings. With the Netgear router, you can access reliable wireless connections from anywhere within your home.
Netgear AC2100 guest network setup allows guests to have a separate Wi-Fi connection. Most Netgear router also has parental controls, which you may use by monitoring your children's online activities. The Netgear AC2100 router also offers an astonishing range, so no matter where you are located.
Speaking of advanced features, do you know that you can't use some of them on your router if you are not logged in? But how can you make out of your Netgear AC2100 if you have less knowledge about logging in? To help you perform it, we will explain everything you need to know about the Netgear AC2100.
How to Login Netgear Nighthawk AC2100
There are two basic ways to log in to your Netgear AC2100. The first and often used method is through a web browser. This method requires an internet connection and a computer. However, a smartphone with the Nighthawk app will do as well.
Login via Web Browser Interface
This is the typical way to log in on your Netgear AC2100 Router, which we think might be more convenient for most users. This feature will allow you to quickly get into the settings without remembering all those usernames and passwords usually used when accessing a web browser.
To perform this:
- To begin, open your web browser. It could be Safari, Firefox, etc.
- Go to http://www.routerlogin.net (a login window displays).
- Put your router username and password. (the default username is admin. For passwords, the default is password. Username and password are cases sensitive.
- Select language from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner.
- To confirm this change, click the OK button when asked. The page is refreshed using the language you choose.
Login via Nighthawk App
The second method is via the Nighthawk app. You can download this app from Playstore for Android users and AppStore for iOS users. This also requires an internet connection to log in successfully.
To perform this:
- Launch Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Once launched, the app immediately checks for available updates to ensure that your Netgear AC2100 runs on the latest firmware version.
- Select and click the Login button to log in to the Netgear router using the application or enter the admin username and password to access the standard web browser interface of the NetGear AC2100 router.
- You can now access your router's interface and modify some of the settings you wish to.
Other Factors to Consider Before Login
Proper Router Placement
Before you log in to your router, there are essential things to do first, including the proper placing of your router. As stated above, an internet connection is required to log in successfully. But how can you ensure a good internet connection?
A Wi-Fi signal's range may be restricted by variables such as the thickness and number of obstacles it must pass through. Other Wi-Fi access points in and around your house may also degrade the signal from your router. To ensure a good connection, place your router according to these guidelines:
- Place your router centrally in your home and where you'll be using it most often.
- Keep your router away from metal items and surfaces that might interfere with your router's signal strength.
- Place at least one inch of clearance on all sides, top, and bottom to ensure proper airflow for cooling purposes.
- If you decide to install your Netgear AC2100 router in a multi-story location or on an upper floor, be sure the antenna is pointing upwards.
- Keep it away from other electronics and appliances that may emit interference and heat up during use.
- Avoid mounting your Netgear wireless access point near windows, exterior walls, mirrors, fireplaces, and aquariums. The signal strength will vary significantly due to these obstructions interfering with the Wi-Fi signal between devices.
Connect via Ethernet Cable
After securing your router in the proper place, you should ensure that you are getting an internet connection. The first and reliable way is using an Ethernet cable. Connecting to the router via ethernet cable is easy as 1,2,3.
To perform this:
- Make sure that your router is ON.
- Find the Ethernet port at the router's back.
- Insert the Ethernet cable, and ensure that it's appropriately placed.
- Once done, check your computer to see if it connected successfully.
Connect via Wireless Connection
Also, you can connect to the internet through a wireless connection, also known as Wi-Fi. This method is less reliable than a wired connection. However, your connection may vary depending on your ISP plan.
To perform this:
- Make sure that the Netgear R60 is ON and adequately connected with a modem.
- Ensure that it's broadcasting its SSID, which can be done by checking for wireless connectivity on another device or PC in the house.
- Locate and choose the router's network.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Click Connect.
Now that you've successfully connected to the internet, it's time to log in to your router and use some of the router's critical capabilities. If there are some settings you may want to modify, then logging in on your router is the answer.
Changing of Network Name (SSID) and Password
Netgear Nighthawk AC2100 router has a default login username and password. If you want to change it, you may follow these steps:
- To change Netgear AC2100 router SSID and password, log in to Netgear AC2100 Router using NetGear Nighthawk App or via a web browser, then click on Advanced > Admin Username.
- Once you are logged into the interface of the Netgear router, select the Wireless tab. Then scroll down until you see Network Name (SSID) & Password option.
- Enter your desired name in the text field provided for "Network Name" while keeping quotation marks intact. Also, enter your preferred WPA key/passphrase to secure your network from unauthorized access by enabling wireless security features.
- Press the Apply button after entering all details correctly, which will save changes made by the admin user successfully.
Guest Network Setup
Guest Network is one of the essential features of the Netgear AC2100 router. It allows you to create two different wireless networks for your home network.
So, it is necessary to set up a Guest Network on Netgear AC2100 if you wish to access the internet anonymously with restricted access. The router comes preconfigured with two default guest networks named (SSIDs) as follows:
- 2.4 GHz frequency band
- Band 5 GHz
By default, these networks are set as unprotected open networks with no security. You have the option of enabling one or both networks. Additionally, you may modify the SSIDs for these networks.
To perform this:
- Open a web browser on a network-connected PC or mobile device.
- Go to http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Type your username and password for the router. The default username is admin, while the password is the default password.
- Select the Guest Network option.
- The page Guest Network Settings appears.
- Enable and configure the guest network's Wi-Fi settings as stated below.
- Enter a 32-character (maximum) case-sensitive name in this field to modify the SSID for the guest Wi-Fi network on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band.
- Check the Enable Guest Network option to enable the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band's guest Wi-Fi network.
Netgear AC2100 FAQ
1. Is the Nighthawk AC2100 good?
Yes, the reviews from an online store have shown that this router is worth buying. "It is incredibly fast, a full signal on both 2.4 and 5GHz in the corners of my 1600 square foot home". The buyer quoted.
2. Can I set up and operate my Netgear router without the Nighthawk app?
Yes. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device connected to your router's network and go to www.routerlogin.com to install and administer your Netgear router.
3. Can I log in without Wi-Fi?
Yes, you can log in without Wi-Fi by using an Ethernet cable. Just make sure it's correctly connected to your modem and computer.
4. Why is it necessary to have a Netgear account to use the Nighthawk app?
You'll be able to activate your warranty, monitor and manage your network from anywhere, utilize voice commands, and more once your Netgear account is set up. You'll be able to get security updates for your product as well.
5. Is the Nighthawk app available in all OS?
There is no Nighthawk App for macOS; it is only available for iOS and Android.
Setting up the Netgear AC2100 router is not as tricky as we thought. Once you have completed your setup and logged in successfully, it will be easier for you and other people in your home to connect devices wirelessly with no hassle or delays.
The Netgear Nighthawk application also makes it easy for you to manage your network from anywhere so long as you are connected to an internet connection. We hope this article has helped you with the Netgear AC2100 router login and that you will be able to do more with your Netgear Nighthawk router.