Mediacom routers are very popular among small businesses and individuals. The company has operations in 22 US states. One can easily manage their routers using the Mediacom Home Network Manager. The biggest issue that users may face is regarding the Mediacom default router login as it requires the credentials and the IP address(URL) to get to the default gateway page.
Many users have trouble getting pass the default router login page, hence this page was created which will help you everything from default credentials to solutions for most common errors.
Accessing the Router Login Page
To access the Mediacom router login page, you need to have certain things ready with you. SInce the mediacom router is taken care by the mediacom cable company, everything related to this router can be managed using the Home Network Manager Software.
Steps to Access Mediacom Default Router Login Details
Step 1: To access the Mediacom Home Network Manager, go to this address: homewifi.mediacomcable.com or you can simply copy paste this in your search bar of the browser.
Step 2: This will bring the control panel of your router where you need to enter your Mediacom ID in the username and the passphrase
- Username: Your Mediacom ID
- Passphrase: Given to you when you first got the mediacom router
In case you forgot the passphrase, you can click on the “Forgot Your Passphrase” and enter the email ID you used while setting up the account. Once verified, you will receive the new passphrase which can be used to login.
In certain routers, you can also use the following combination as default login credentials
For Mediacom – M-NTWRN(Mediacom Firmware)
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
Step 3: Once you enter the credentials, you can
- Change SSID
- Change Default Username and Password
- Change DHCP Settings
- Setup Firewall
- Configure the Router for the home network
Step 4: Once you have used your default credentials. For users who want to change the default username and password.
- Go to https://homewifi.mediacomcable.com/prime-home/control-panel/login/ or visit 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Enter your passphrase
- Select the login option available on the control panel page
- You will find “My Wireless Network” to the left side
- Select the Wifi option, upon clicking you will see SSID(Service Set Identifier) and Passphrase option on the right.
- Now, you can change the network name also called SSID and passphrase as per your ease
- Once done, select save and your changes will be updated