Easy access to control settings and functions is essential when looking for a reliable home router. Mediacom routers have become quite popular among small businesses and households. The company has been operating in 22 American states for over 25 years.
One can easily manage their router using the Mediacom Home Network Manager. The biggest issue that users usually face is the Mediacom router’s default login. It requires certain credentials and IP address (URL) to get to the default gateway page, and many users have trouble getting past this stage.
This article aims to help you easily access everything in your Mediacom router’s default login credentials.
4 Steps to Access the Login Details of the Mediacom Router
To access the Mediacom router’s login page, you need to have certain information ready with you. Since the Mediacom router is taken care of by the Mediacom cable company, all the vital access information related to this router is manageable via the Home Network Manager Software.
Step 1: To access and manage the Mediacom Home Network, go to this address: homeWi-Fi.mediacomcable.com or try to copy-paste this on the search bar of your preferred web browser.
Step 2: This will bring you to your router’s control panel, where you may input your Mediacom ID, which consists of the username and password.
• Login Username: Your Mediacom ID
• Login Password: Given to you when you first got the Mediacom router
In case you forgot the password, you can click on the “Forgot Your Password” and enter the email ID you used while setting up the account. Once verified, you will receive the new password, which can be used to log in. In individual routers, you can also use the following combination as default login credentials for Mediacom – M-NTWRN (Mediacom Firmware):
• Login Username: admin
• Login Password: admin
Step 3: Once you input the credentials, you can:
• Change the SSID
• Change Default Username and Password
• Change the DHCP Settings
• Set up a firewall
• Configure the router for your home network
Step 4: Once you have used your default credentials, an option to modify the default username and password is doable as follows:
1. Go to 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1
2. Enter your password of choice.
3. Select the login option available on the page where the control panel is found.
4. You will find “My Wireless Network” on the left side.
5. Select the Wi-Fi option. Upon clicking, you will see the SSID and password option on the right.
6. You can now change the network name or the Service Set Identifier (SSID), along with your password.
7. Once done, click “Save” to update all the changes you’ve made.
Making sure you get an optimal networking experience is a priority to consider when buying a router. Whether it’s for your home or office, properly managing and boosting your network performance is important.
Leave us a comment below if our guide helped you log in and modify your Mediacom router settings.