The Netgear AC1900 C6300BD is a four-port gigabit router that has a dual-band wireless access point that brings you speeds of up to 600+1300Mbps. It meets the DOCSIS 3.0 standard that enables 16 times faster downloads. This makes the router ideal for streaming HD videos and experiencing high-speed online gaming.
Apart from the AC1900 networking standard, the Netgear AC1900 C6300BD router also comes with a four gigabit wired switch. It works great with the Xfinity Comcast, Spectrum, and CableONE effortlessly.
You can also manage this Netgear router’s settings to make it suitable for your network. In this post, we will help you log in to the Netgear AC1900 C6300BD router and figure out how to manage other common issues you may encounter.
Prerequisites to Access the Default Login Gateway of Netgear AC1900 C6300DB:
- A computer connected to the Netgear Wi-Fi.
- Box of Netgear modem to get the default credentials.
5 Steps to Login to the Netgear AC1900 C6300BD Router
Step 1: Open the Web Browser
Enter the default IP address in the search bar or URL of your browser. The IP address for the Netgear AC1900 C6300DB router is 192.168.1.254, you can also click on this link: http://192.168.1.254 to directly open the default gateway.
Step 2: Enter the Default Username and Password
If you input the correct IP address for your router, you will be directed to the login screen to enter the username and password. If you are operating the router for the first time, use the default username and password, if not, look for the box of the AC1900 model or try the default credentials.
- Login Username: admin
- Login Password: password
Note: We found the above username-password combination was correct in 80% of cases.
Step 3: Setting up the Netgear AC1900 C6300DB Login Details
One can easily get to know a router’s default username and password so you should change it immediately. It’s recommended to change the default username and password to make the router secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to Change your Username and Password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters.
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember.
- Username should be simple and user-friendly.
- The username and password for the Netgear router need to be written down somewhere as a precaution.
Step 4: Change SSID for the Netgear AC1900 C6300BD Router
The different Wi-Fi names that you see inside the network tab is called the Service Set Identifier (SSID). By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as Netgear AC1900 C6300DB.
You should change the default name because if you don’t then it will be easy for anyone to guess your details.
- Make the SSID short and simple.
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire.
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router.
Step 5: Secure the Netgear AC1900 C6300DB Router Settings
Inside the default gateway, see the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best possible security level.
Solutions to the Netgear AC1900 C6300DB Router Issues
1. Netgear AC1900 C6300DB Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The quick fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to the Netgear AC1900 C6300BD Router
Common sense dictates to try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or look through Netgear forums and find different sets of default passwords to use. If nothing works, reset your router.
3. How to Reset the Netgear AC1900 C6300BD Router to its Default Settings
Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When a router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
Tell us which part of our guide helped you address your networking issues with the Netgear AC1900 C6300BD router. Leave your comments down below.