The Netgear router model AC1900 is a 4 port gigabit router which has dual-band wireless access point into a single device. You can get speeds up to 600+1300 Mbps. Netgear Modem AC1900 C6300BD complies the DOCSIS 3.0 standards which let this modem download at speeds 16x faster which makes it great to stream HD videos and High-Speed online gaming.
The whole Netgear comes as a package of DOCSIS 3.0 cables modem and the AC1900 Wifi router along with 4 gigabit wired switch. This Netgear model works great with Xfinity Comcast, Spectrum and CableONE effortlessly. You can also manage the settings to make it suitable for your network. In this post, we will help you with logging in to Netgear AC1900 modem.
Prerequisites To access the default login gateway of Netgear AC1900 C6300DB:
- A Computer connected to the Netgear Wifi
- Box of Netgear Modem to get the default credentials
Steps to Login into Netgear AC1900 c6300bd Router
Step 1: Open the web browser
Enter the default IP address in the search bar or URL of your browser. The IP address for Netgear AC1900 C6300DB router ls 192.168.1.254, you can also click on this link: http://192.168.1.254 to directly open the default gateway.
Step 2: Enter the default Username and Password
If you enter the correct IP address for your router, you will get the login screen to enter the username and password. If you are operating the router for the first time, use the default username and password, else look for the box of AC1900 model or the default credentials.
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: password
PS: We found the above username-password combination was correct in 80% cases.
Step 3: Setting up the Netgear AC1900 C6300DB Login Details
One can easily get to know a router’s default username and password so you should change it immediately. It’s recommended to change the default username and password to make the router secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to change your username and password
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password for Netgear router needs to be written down somewhere
Step 4: Change SSID for Netgear AC1900 router
The different wifi names that you see inside the network tab is called SSID or service set identifier. By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as Netgear AC1900 C6300DB. You should change the default name because if you don’t then it will be easy for anyone to guess your details.
- Make the SSID short and simple
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router
Step 5: Secure Netgear AC1900 C6300DB router settings
Inside the default gateway, see for the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best security level possible.
Solutions to Issues of Netgear AC1900 C6300DB router
1. Netgear AC1900 C6300DB Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to 3800HGV-B Router
First of all, try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or Netgear forums and see for the different set of default password to be used. If nothing works, try doing a reset for your router.
3. How to Reset the Netgear Router To Default Settings
The process is simple. Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When a router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.