Pace Plc used to be a British brand that made set-top boxes. They were merged by Arris group and one of their best routers is the Pace 5268AC router. It has gigabit Wifi and comes with 4-gigabit ETH-ports and no USB ports. You can log in to the gateway of 5268ac and make changes.
Pace 5268AC is also called as Pace wireless 802.11AC DSL Residential Gateway. This post is for users who regularly face issues with the default gateway. In case your query isn’t solved, let us know in the comment section and we will ensure you get over the login issue of your Pace router.
You will require a few things beforehand when you have to access the default gateway to log in the Pace router.
- A system where you can access the web browser. (Avoid using a smartphone or tablet)
- It’s better if you have the box of the router as it has username and password on it.
Pace 5268AC Login Steps:
Step 1: Open a Web browser and enter the Pace router Login IP address
Every router has a login IP address which allows you to access the default gateway. Login IP address may be unique to a router.
The IP address for Pace 5268AC: http://192.168.1.254
Step 2: Enter Credentials, Username & Password:
On entering the IP address, You will be redirected to the default login page of the Pace router. Now you are required to enter the username and password
- Default username: none
- Default Password: none
The credentials are usually printed on the box of the router. If you don’t have the router box with you, you can simply reset the router by press-and-hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds. Once reset, you can enter the default login details. Another way is to access the official site of Pace router, now part of Arris and get the default username and password.
Step 3: Change the SSID
SSID is called the Service Set Identifier which is the name of wifi stations you see when you click on the network tab. By default, it is PACE 501 or PACE501_5G. Not changing the SSID may be dangerous as default credentials can be assumed easily. Search for the SSID or network name tab and change it.
You should change it to a user-friendly name such that it’s hard to assume the default credentials of the router.
- Keep it short and simple
- Don’t make it very quirky as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information as the name of your router
Step 4: Setting up the PACE PLC 5268AC Login Details
Upon successfully logging into the router, you change the default login details as the same information can be assumed easily and one can consume your web and also cause possible harm to your data. Change the username and password as per the below tips:
Tips to change your username and password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password for PACE5268AC needs to be written down somewhere
Step 5: Secure PACE 5268AC router settings
When you log in to the default gateway of PACE5268AC, see for the encryption settings of your network. You should set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best security level possible.
Solutions to Issues of PACE 5268AC
#1. PACE 5268AC Password is not working
There are only two cases when this may happen. First, you are not entering the correct password which was earlier changed or you are not aware of the default password. In either case, you need to figure out the default password for PACE5268AC and then enter it after resetting the router.
#2. Forgot Password of PACE 5268AC
In most cases, if you never changed the default password for your router then you can easily get it from the router’s box or even the customer care of Arris or your local ISP. For users who don’t remember the password which they change, you need to reset the router and use default login details to set a new password.
#3. How to reset PACE 5268AC router
The process for PACE router is simple.
- Whenever you power On the router, See for the reset button and press-and-hold for 30 seconds using a paper clip or something pointed to trigger the reset function as its a tiny hole.
- While you hold the reset button, power off the router and hold it for 30 seconds
- You don’t have to free the reset button and while holding it, turn on the power unit and hold for 30 seconds.
PS: You have to maintain the process for 90 seconds. Eventually, you will be able to reset the router.