Pace Plc used to be a British brand that made set-top boxes. The Arris group merged with them, and to this day, still sells one of their best devices, the Pace 5268AC router. Also known as the Pace wireless 802.11AC DSL residential gateway, this networking tool comes with four gigabit Ethernet ports but no USB ports.
You can log in to the Pace 5268AC router’s gateway and make specific changes to improve your networking experience. This post will show you how to log in to the router and fix common networking issues.
Prerequisites to Access the Default Gateway:
- A system where you can access the web browser (avoid using a Smartphone or Tablet).
- It’s better if you have the router’s box as it has a username and password on it.
5 Simple Steps to Login to the Pace 5268AC Router
Step 1: Open a Web Browser and Input the Router’s IP Address
Every router has a login IP address, which allows you to access the default gateway. Login IP address may be unique to a router. The IP address for Pace 5268AC: http://192.168.1.254
Step 2: Enter Username & Password
You will be redirected to the default login page of the Pace router upon entering the IP address. Now you are required to enter the username and password.
- Login Username: (none)
- Login Password: (none)
Check the box of the router to see the needed credentials. If you don’t have the router box anymore, you can reset the router by pressing and holding the reset button for 10-15 seconds. Once reset, you can input the default login details. Try going to the Pace router’s official site, which is now part of the Arris brand, and get the correct default username and password.
Step 3: Change the SSID
The Service Set Identifier (SSID) is the name of Wi-Fi stations you see when you click on the Network tab. By default, the SSID will appear as Pace 501 or Pace501_5G. Not changing the SSID may be dangerous as default credentials can be predicted and used easily by anyone. Please search for the SSID or network name tab and modify it as soon as you get the chance. It would help if you changed it to a user-friendly name such that it’s hard to assume the router’s default credentials.
Steps to Change the SSID or Network Name:
- Keep it short and straightforward.
- Please don’t make it very quirky, as it may backfire.
- Keep in mind that your personal information is the name of your router.
Step 4: Setting up the Pace 5268AC Router Login Details
Upon successfully logging into the router, remember to change the default login details as the same information can be assumed easily. One can consume your data and cause possible harm to it. Change the username and password as per the below tips:
Tips to Change the Username and Password:
- Look for a password with a combination of alphanumeric characters and special characters.
- Consider making your password at least 8-16 characters long, complicated yet easy to remember.
- The username should be user-friendly.
- The username and password for the Pace router need to be written down somewhere as a precaution.
Step 5: Secure the Settings of the Pace 5268AC Router
When you log in to the Pace 5268AC router’s default gateway, check your network’s encryption settings. You should set the encryption to WPA2-PSK, which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best possible security level.
Solutions to Pace 5268AC Router Issues
1. Pace 5268AC Router Password is Not Working
There are only two cases when this may happen. First, you are not entering the correct password, which was earlier modified, or you are not aware of the default password. Regardless, you need to learn the Pace 5268AC router’s default password and then enter it after resetting the device.
2. Forgot Password of Pace 5268AC Router
In most cases, if you never changed the default password for your router, then you can quickly get it from the router’s box or even the customer care of Arris or your local ISP. Users who don’t remember the changed password may need to reset the router and use default login details to set a new password.
3. How to Reset Pace 5268AC Router
The process for resetting the Pace router is simple.
- Whenever you power on the router, check for the reset button and press-and-hold for 30 seconds using a paper clip or something pointed to trigger the reset function since it’s a tiny hole.
- While holding the reset button, power off the router and hold it for another 30 seconds.
- You don’t have to free the reset button. While holding it, please turn on the power unit and hold it for 30 seconds.
Note: You have to maintain the process for 90 seconds. Eventually, you will be able to reset the router.
In case your issues remain unsolved, let us know in the comment section, and we will ensure your problems with the Pace 5268AC router are fixed.