The Buffalo WHR-G300N is a great solution to help you access the web on PCs and other devices at home or for workplace purposes. You can easily stream multimedia content using this router and be able … [Read more...]
192.168.11.1 Router IP, Admin Login and Password
The IP address 192.168.11.1 is a private IP that belongs to a certain IP range booked from IANA(Internet Assigned Number Authority) for specific purposes. A private network needs to use Network Address Translation to connect to the Internet. Such a private IP ensures there are no conflicts and no-one else can login to your network.
Private networks are getting more and more popular. As per a recent news, IANA has reserved many special address blocks for the next generation of IPv6 addresses. Private addresses are also used by many corporates for security reasons. In such a network, there is restricted access to internet and often a proxy is required to access the web.
192.168.11.1 Username & Password
Every router and modem has login credentials and an IP address that allows you to access the settings. 192.168.11.1 is an IP address that can be used to access the settings of some routers like TP-Link, 2Wire, ADSL routers,Buffalo, 3Com routers and Westell ADSL modems to name a few.
To access the default login gateway, there are few prerequisites:
- A system which is connected to the home Wifi
- System where you can access a browser
Step 1: Open the browser
You need to enter the private IP address in the search bar and if your router has this specific IP address, you will get to see the login page.
Step 2: Enter the username and password
If you have just got yourself a new router with a private IP address then you must have the default username and password, Use the below column to find out the default username and password:
|Username / Password
|Admin/admin or password
admin/admin or password
|Refer to sticker/Refer to sticker
|XFINITY from Comcast
|Zero One Technology
|admin/admin or zoomadsl
|admin/admin or 1234
PS: The credentials are usually printer on the box of router. If you don’t have the router box with you, you can simply reset the router by press-and-hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds. Once reset, you can enter the default login details. Other way is to access the official site of Pace router, now part of Arris and get the default username and password.
Step 3: Change the SSID
Even if you are using a private IP address for your network. We recommend you to change the SSID which is the name of the network visible to others in your private radar.
- Keep it short and simple
- Don’t make it very quirky as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information as the name of your router
Step 4: Change the default username and password
It may be a private IP address but you need to always ensure you make your connection secure by changing the default credentials. Follow the below tips while changing the details.
Tips to change your username and password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password for 192.168.11.1 IP address needs to be written down somewhere
PS: For the IP address 192.168.11.1 we found the username was root in 40% of the cases.
1. Why can't I connect to router: http://192.168.11.1 or chrome won’t access 192.168.11.1
Most people can’t connect to the default login gateway because of typing error. You need to make sure there is no semicolon but a colon after http or https. The correct address is http://192.168.11.1 , the other reason could be that this may not be the correct IP address of your router.
2. How do I change the password for 192.168.11.1
- First Access the gateway using 192.168.11.1 , Enter the username and password and see for WiFi setting(methods differ as per the router/modem), If you have direct TV & wifi then use home network and choose wireless option. Type in Device Code when requested (found on side of gateway). You can change name, SAVE
- To change default password, users need to select WPA/PSK encryption settings which will highlight the grayed out password. Now Change password and save.
3. Forgot IP address username and password
Whenever you purchase a new router or mode, you get the default credentials that are printed over the box or are mentioned on the manual. You can also contact the ISP(Internet Service Provider) to get the default credentials.
Fix 1: Now, if you have never changed the default username and password, you can use the below table to find out the details of your router.
Fix 2: if you have already changed the default username and password, then you need to reset the router so that you can use the default credentials once again.
Steps to reset a router:
Warning: Resetting a router will erase all the previous saved details and settings. It will turn your router into a factory made router.
- Turn off the router
- Press-and-hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds using a pointed object like needle and then turn on the router. Keep pressing the reset button until router is turned on for 10-15 seconds
- Release the button and let the router reboot
- Now connect to the router using a wifi connection and or a network cable and login using default credentials
4. What is the fix for http://192.168.11.1/mypage.asp won't load?
Your routers could be in Bridge mode, which changes the default IP to 192.168.11.100, Router mode is 192.168.11.1, check the switch on the back of the router.
5. 192.168.11.1 not responsive or Can’t reach my router at 192.168.11.1
This may be an issue due to either some error with the cables or the issue with your router. For cables, see if everything is in place else contact your ISP.
Buffalo Router Inc. has been making high-quality routers for years. It is a brand that is now operated under the MELCO Group of companies. The Buffalo WCR-GN router comes with 16MB of RAM and operates … [Read more...]
Buffalo Technology Inc. is a part of the MELCO Group of companies that have been manufacturing various hardware products. They have a series of routers in the series WAP WBR, WCR, and WZR. One of … [Read more...]