Comcast developed another versatile networking tool called the Technicolor TG789vac MediaAccess that is sold as an Xfinity router. It boasts a 2.4Ghz band with a residential gateway that has a two-port router and two voice lines. This router also has an 802.11n wireless access point along with a four-gigabit port.
For households and small workspaces, the Technicolor TG789vac MediaAccess router is ideal to use since it’s cost-efficient and energy-sufficient. Logging in to this router isn’t hard at all since it’s similar to other models. This is one of the most popular products that match the standards of the Arris brand.
Let us walk you through the login process of the Technicolor TG789vac and find solutions to the most common issues that users face when trying to configure their router.
Prerequisites to Access the Default Login Gateway of the Technicolor TG789vac Router:
- A system connected to the home Wi-Fi.
- A personal computer to access a browser.
5 Steps to Log in to the Technicolor TG789vac MediaAccess Router
Step 1: Open a Web Browser
Enter the default IP address in the search bar/URL of your browser. The IP address for the Technicolor XB6 router is 10.0.0.1, you can also click on this link: http://10.0.0.1 to directly open the default gateway.
Step 2: Enter the Default Username and Password
If you enter the correct IP address for your router, you will be directed to the login screen where you can enter the username and password. If it’s your first time operating the router, use the default username and password, or look for the box of the Technicolor TG789vac
router for the default credentials.
- Login Username: admin
- Login Password: admin
Note: The above username-password combination was correct in 84% of cases.
Step 3: Setting Up the Technicolor TG789vac Login Details
The default username and password can be easy to predict. Anyone can fiddle with your router so it’s recommended to change the default username and password to make the router more secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to Change the Username and Password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters.
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember.
- Username should be simple and user-friendly.
- The username and password for the Technicolor router need to be written down somewhere as a precaution.
Step 4: Change SSID for the Technicolor TG789vac Router
The different Wi-Fi names that you see within the network tab is called the Service Set Identifier (SSID). By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as Technicolor. You should change the default name, if not, it will be easy for anyone to guess your details.
Steps to Change the SSID and Network Name:
- Make the SSID short and simple
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire.
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router.
Step 5: Secure the Technicolor TG789vac Router Settings
Inside the default gateway, check the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best possible security level.
Solutions to Technicolor TG789vac Router Issues
1. The Technicolor TG789vac Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then maybe you or someone else probably may have changed the default password. The quick fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to the Technicolor TG789vac Router
Common sense dictates to try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or look through Xfinity forums and find a different set of default passwords to use. If nothing works, try resetting your router.
3. How to Reset the Technicolor TG789vac Router to its Default Settings
Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
Once you’ve tried our recommendations and asked for extra support from your ISP, let us know in the comments which part of the configuration process you were able to accomplish.