Portable routers are all the rage and aside from the wireless feature, the hassle of properly positioning antennas is no more. The Westell C90-327W30-06 router is an option that should not go unnoticed. It boasts a sleek and ergonomic design, impressive speeds, along with a promising range that performs well all the way to a 10-meter radius.
In this article, we will help you figure out how to log into the Westell C90-327W30-06 router, make other changes to various settings, while also giving quick tips and fixes to common issues.
Prerequisites To Access the Default Login Gateway of the Westell C90-327W30-06 Router:
- A computer connected to the Westell Wi-Fi.
- Box of Westell Modem to get the default credentials.
Step 1: Open the Web Browser
Enter the default IP address on the search bar or the URL of your browser. The IP address for the Westell C90-327W30-06 router is 192.168.1.254, you can also click on this link: http://192.168.1.254 to directly open the default gateway. Though, note that the IP does change from router to router. Try any of the following IPs to log in: 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.254, and 10.0.0.1.
Step 2: Enter the Default Username and Password
If you enter the correct IP address for your router, you will be able to access the login screen to input the username and password. If you are operating the router for the first time, use the default username and password, or look for the box of the Westell C90-327W30-06 router for the default credentials.
- Login Username: admin
- Login Password: admin
Note: We found the above username-password combination was correct in 90% of cases.
Step 3: Setting Up the Westell C90-327W30-06 Login Details
Anyone can easily get to know a router’s default username and password so you should immediately change it to protect your data. It’s recommended to change the default username and password to make the router more secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to Change the Username and Password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters.
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember.
- Username should be simple and user-friendly.
- The username and password for the Westell router need to be written down somewhere as a precaution.
Step 4: Change SSID for Westell C90-327W30-06 Router
The different Wi-Fi names that you see inside the network tab is called the Service Set Identifier (SSID). By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as Westell C90-327W30-06. You should change the default name if not, then it will be easy for anyone to guess your details.
Steps to Change the SSID or Network Name:
- Make the SSID short and simple.
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire.
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router.
Step 5: Secure the Settings of the Westell C90-327W30-06 Router
Inside the default gateway, check the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best possible security level.
Solutions to Westell C90-327W30-06 Router Issues
1. Westell C90-327W30-06 Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The quick fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to Westell C90-327W30-06 Router
Common sense dictates to try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or look through Westell forums and for a different set of default passwords to use. If nothing works, try resetting your router.
3. How to Reset the Westell C90-327W30-06 Router To Default Settings
The process is simple. Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
Let us know in the comments if our tips and fixes helped your networking issues.