If you ever wanted a router that is portable and has not to hassle of positioning the antenna then Westell routers are for you. These routers are quite popular and are used mainly in residential places. One can easily log into the router and access the basic settings to configure the working as per their ease.
The Westell C90-327W30-06 model is a router that has a sleek and very ergonomic design. The router works at speeds which are quite common these days and covers range till 10 meters of the radius. In this article, we discuss with you how to log inside the router to make changes and also some of the most common issues and their fixes.
Prerequisites To access the default login gateway of Westell C90-327W30-06
- A Computer connected to the Westell Wifi
- Box of Westell Modem to get the default credentials
Step 1: Open the web browser
Enter the default IP address in the search bar or URL of your browser. The IP address for Westell C90-327W30-06 router ls 192.168.1.254, you can also click on this link: http://192.168.1.254 to directly open the default gateway. Though, the IP does change from router to router. Try any of the following IPs to log in: 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.254 and 10.0.0.1.
Step 2: Enter the default Username and Password
If you enter the correct IP address for your router, you will get the login screen to enter the username and password. If you are operating the router for the first time, use the default username and password, else look for the box of C90-327W30-06 model or the default credentials.
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: admin
PS: We found the above username-password combination was correct in 90% cases.
Step 3: Setting up the Westell C90-327W30-06 Login Details
One can easily get to know a router’s default username and password so you should change it immediately. It’s recommended to change the default username and password to make the router secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to change your username and password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password for Westell router needs to be written down somewhere
Step 4: Change SSID for Westell C90-327W30-06 router
The different wifi names that you see inside the network tab is called SSID or service set identifier. By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as Westell C90-327W30-06. You should change the default name because if you don’t then it will be easy for anyone to guess your details.
- Make the SSID short and simple
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router
Step 5: Secure Westell C90-327W30-06 router settings:
Inside the default gateway, see for the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best security level possible.
Solutions to Issues of Westell C90-327W30-06 router
1. Westell C90-327W30-06 Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to C90-327W30-06 Router
First of all, try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or Westell forums and see for a different set of default password to be used. If nothing works, try doing a reset for your router.
3. How to Reset the Westell Router To Default Settings
The process is simple. Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.