ZyXEL is a company based out of Hsinchu, Taiwan. They have been manufacturing various mesh networking equipment that has been proven to be versatile and functional. The ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B provides you a gateway with a USB and up to 100Mbps and 45Mbps upstream. The built-in USB interface can also double as a 3G dongle. These features let you avail services like voice, video, data high definition television.
The ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B router is also compliant with the TR-069 standard that allows you to manage and configure client devices remotely. This is ideal for those always on-the-go and always on their feet. In this article, we will walk you through the process of how to log in to the ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B router and configure it according to your networking preferences.
Prerequisites to Access the Default Login Gateway of ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B:
- A system connected to the home Wi-Fi.
- A personal computer to access a browser.
5 Steps to Log in to the ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B Router
Step 1: Open a Web Browser
Enter the default IP address in the search bar/URL of your browser. The IP address for ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B router is 10.0.0.1, you can also click on this link: http://10.0.0.1 to directly open the default gateway.
Step 2: Enter the Default Username and Password
If you enter the correct IP address for the router, you will be directed to the login screen where you can input the username and password. If you are operating the router for the first time, use the default username and password, or look for the box of the ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B router for the default credentials.
- Login Username: admin
- Login Password: admin/password/1234
Note: The above username-password combination was correct in 84% of cases.
Step 3: Setting Up the ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B Login Details
The default username and password can be easy to predict. Anyone can fiddle with your router so it’s highly recommended to change the default username and password to make the router more secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to Change the Username and Password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters.
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember.
- Username should be simple and user-friendly
- The username and password for the ZyXEL router need to be written down somewhere as a precaution.
Step 4: Change SSID for the ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B Router
The different Wi-Fi names that you see inside the network tab is called the Service Set Identifier (SSID). By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as ZyXEL. Make it a point to change the default name since it can be very easy for anyone to guess your details.
Steps to Change the SSID or Network Name:
- Make the SSID short and simple.
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire.
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router.
Step 5: Secure the ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B Router Settings
Inside the default gateway, check the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best possible security level.
Solutions to ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B Router Issues
1. ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B Router
First of all, try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or Xfinity forums and see for a different set of default passwords to be used. If nothing works, try doing a reset for your router.
3. How to Reset the ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B Router to Default Settings
Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
Once you’ve figured out how to log into the ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B router and change certain settings, let us know in the comments which fix worked best for you.