ZyXEL is a company based out of Hsinchu, Taiwan. They have been manufacturing products like switches, routers, firewalls, VoIP telephones, and much other mesh networking equipment. Their router ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B is a router that provides you a gateway with USB and up to 100 Mbps and 45 Mbps upstream. These factors let you avail services like voice, video, data high definition television.
The router is also compliant to TR-069 standard management and that allows you to manage and configure client devices remotely. You can also make use of the built-in USB interface using a 3G dongle. In this article, we share the process on how you can log in to the router and configure as per your need.
Prerequisites To access the default login gateway of ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B:
- A system connected to the home Wifi
- A personal computer to access a browser
Steps to login into ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B Router
Step 1: Open a web browser
Enter the default IP address in the search bar/URL of your browser. The IP address for ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B router ls 10.0.0.1, you can also click on this link: http://10.0.0.1 to directly open the default gateway.
Step 2: Enter the default Username and Password
If you enter the correct IP address for your router, you will get the login screen to enter the username and password. If you are operating the router for the first time, use the default username and password, else look for the box of TG582n model or the default credentials.
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: admin/password/1234
PS: The above username-password combination was correct in 84% cases.
Step 3: Setting up the Xfinity XB6 Login Details
Default username and password can be easy to predict based on, one can fiddle with your router so It’s recommended to change the default username and password to make the router secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to change your username and password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password for ZyXEL router needs to be written down somewhere
Step 4: Change SSID for ZyXEL VMG1312-B10B router
The different wifi names that you see inside the network tab is called SSID or service set identifier. By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as Arris. You should change the default name because if you don’t then it will be easy for anyone to guess your details.
- Make the SSID short and simple
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router
Step 5: Secure Arris TG3482G router settings
Inside the default gateway, see for the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best security level possible.
Solutions to Issues of Arris TG3482G router
1. Arris TG3482G Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to Arris TG3482G Router
First of all, try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or Xfinity forums and see for a different set of default password to be used. If nothing works, try doing a reset for your router.
3. How to Reset the Arris Router To Default Settings
The process is simple. Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.