TP-Link is a renowned name in the world of networking devices. The TP-Link TC-7610 is a cable-only modem wherein you will need an extra router to access the Wi-Fi. This networking tool boasts a … [Read more...]
192.168.100.1 Router IP: What it is used for?
192.168.100.1 is a private IP address under the IPv4 range which is assigned to the available devices inside a local network, users may mistype as or 192.168.l00.1 which is wrong as the address contains numerals and not any english letter like the small L in the IP 192.168."l"00.1. Routers can also be assigned 192.168.100.1 as the default IP address to access the admin tools.
An administrator can manually assign 192.168.100.1 IP to devices like laptop, smart TV, phone, desktop computer, chromecast or tablet using DHCP.
How to login into 192.168.100.1?
- Open the local browser on your system. We recommend that you use Google Chrome.
- Enter IP address 192.168.100.1 in the URL, you can simply copy paste or click on https://192.168.100.1
- In case you wish to change this IP address due to address clash. There are two ways to change it
- Using the web page settings
- Using a setup CD
What 192.168.100.1 is used for?
To make changes to your router, you always need an IP address that allows you to login to the settings. It is similar to getting inside the master settings of a device for which you need the login credentials.
Once you login to the router, You can change important credentials like changing username & password, changing the SSID and strengthening security. Huawei’s routers are among the ones to have 192.168.100.1 as their default IP address
Problems faced while logging into 192.168.100.1
1. Forgetting IP address
If you have forgotten your IP address. You can either try hard to find the changed credentials but if you can’t then do a hard reset of your router. Follow the below steps so that you can reuse the router using the default username and password.
- Take a sharp pin pointed object
- Insert it into the reset button for 30 seconds
- Plug the router back and restart
- Enter the default credentials
When you get such an error, it means the site can’t be reached. The very first thing to do is
- Check the connection: look for the wires, electricity and the connection network
- Check the proxy and firewall: at times firewall may prevent the users from accessing the webpage
Below are the possible causes due to which you are not able to connect
- IP address is different than 192.168.1.1 like 10.0.0.0.1 or 188.8.131.52.1
- Router is switched off
- Lan cable is disconnected
- Wifi or Lan connection is disabled
- Wifi or Lan connection has malfunctioned
3. How to find default username and password?
You can either look for the default username and password on your router box but if can’t find the box. Try using the most common default credentials like
- Username: Username
- Password: password
Else use our drop-down menu and see for the default credentials by choosing your router brand.
4. Can I connect to a default gateway (192.168.100.1) using a static IP address (10.0.0.12)? What will be the subnet mask value?
This is not possible because to make it happen your IP address and your gateway will have to be on the same subnet. So, in case you wish to use 10.0.0.12 , your Gateway has to be 10.0.0.1. If your Gateway is 192.168.100.1, you need to use IP Addresses starting from 192.168.100.2 which depend on the Subnet Mask
5. Can no longer access 192.168.100.1
This is a very common problem. The way to get rid of it is that you need to access a few things from your command prompt and see for yourself.
If you are on a windows system then begin by opening the command prompt.
- Go to RUN, open CMD
- Type ipconfig and you need to go down to default gateway, that’s where you see the address of your router.
- Usually the IP addresses are 192.168.1.1 , 192.168.50.1 or 192.168.100.1
Updated On: 11th June, 2019