The NVG599 router has been in the market for a few years now and one of the biggest issues is getting across the NVG599 router’s login page and making changes.In this post, we have mentioned the … [Read more...]
192.168.100.1 is a private IP address which is usually assigned to the available devices inside a local network. One may also try and assign this IP address to the routers which will help the admin to access the default gateway.
From the available ways, you can manually initiate the process to assign it to devices like laptop, smart TV, phone, desktop computer, chromecast or your tablet. There are many routers which has this IP built-in inside them as their default gateway IP address.
What it is used for ?
Whenever you have to change the settings of your router, the only way to do that is by accessing the IP address . It is called the default gateway IP. It is similar to getting inside the master settings of a device. You have to enter the important credentials.
Similarly 192.168.100.1 is the IP address which will take you to the admin panel. Every router has a web interface and so if you are not familiar with the interface, it is recommended that you first get yourself aware with the interface as messing up with the settings inside the panel can lead to irreversible changes.
The variety of features available inside the router’s admin panel are immense. You can change important credentials like changing username & password, changing the SSID and also other things related to device security. One of the Company that uses this IP as default gateway is Huawei’s routers.
How to login into 192.168.100.1?
This is the most important process when it comes to accessing the routers default gateway login page. Few things to keep in mind are always be connected to the same wifi network for which you wish to make changes. Ensure you can access the web browser from the internet-enabled devices on which you will be doing the changes
Steps to access the 192.168.100.1
- Open the local browser on your system. We recommend that you use Google Chrome.
- In the address bar, just like you enter a URL, you need to enter the https://192.168.100.1, before doing so make sure it is the correct IP to be used when accessing your default router login IP. You can get it checked from the router’s manufacturers site.
- In case you wish to change this IP address due to address clash.There are two ways to change it
- Using the web page settings
- Using a setup CD
Problems faced while logging into 192.168.100.1
1. Forgetting IP address
A lot of the people take the router’s settings for granted which is why there are many cases where the owners forget the IP address or even the credentials. The way to dig out the correct login address is either by going to it's website and find out else try resetting the router’s IP address which can be done by holding the reset button for 20-30 seconds.
When you get such an error, it means the site can’t be reached. The very first thing to do is
- Check the connection: look for the wires, electricity and the connection network
- Check the proxy and firewall: at times firewall may prevent the users from accessing the webpage
Below are the possible causes due to which you are not able to connect
- your IP address is different than 192.168.1.1 like 10.0.0.0.1 or 220.127.116.11.1
- your router is switched off
- your lan cable is disconnected
- your wifi or lan connection is disabled
- your wifi or lan has malfunctioned
2. How to find default username and password?
The best way is always to find out the username and password if by any chance you had changed it. In case you did not, then it is very easy to figure out the default username and password. You may also check for the different combinations of the username and passwords here.
3. Can I connect to a default gateway (192.168.100.1) using a static IP address (10.0.0.12)? What will be the subnet mask value?
This is not possible because to make it happen your IP address and your gateway will have to be on the same subnet. So, in case you wish to use 10.0.0.12 , your Gateway has to be 10.0.0.1. If your Gateway is 192.168.100.1, you need to use IP Addresses starting from 192.168.100.2 which depend on the Subnet Mask.
4. Can no longer access 192.168.100.1
This is a very common problem. The way to get rid of it is that you need to access a few things from your command prompt and see for yourself.
If you are on a windows system then begin by opening the command prompt.
- Go to RUN, open CMD
- Type ipconfig and you need to go down to default gateway, that’s where you see the address of your router.
- Usually the IP addresses are 192.168.1.1 , 192.168.50.1 or 192.168.100.1
5. How do I change the IP of my DDW36 router?
To make any changes happen, the very first thing to know is that you need to know the internal IP address for your DDW36C router even before making any changes. The default IP address for the same is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1
In case both these addresses don’t take you to the default gateway then you will have to go to the command prompt and type the command ipconfig. Your IP address will be visible just besides the default gateway.
Mediacom routers are very popular among small businesses and individuals. The company has operations in 22 US states. One can easily manage their routers using the Mediacom Home Network Manager. The … [Read more...]
Ubee is one of the leading manufacturers of routers. We all have faced the issue where we attempt to login to the routers but fail due to several reasons. The Ubee DDW366 is a dual-band concurrent … [Read more...]
Ubee has been making some of the finest routers and modems for years. Their latest modem dvw3201b is a DOCSIS 3.0 certified router that comes with RJ45 ethernet ports. As users, we often face issues … [Read more...]
Ubee has made some of the finest routers for generations. Their most popular product the Ubee ddw36c router has been used for many years due to features like bandwidth and wireless capability. Once … [Read more...]