10.0.0.2 is an IP address used by businesses inside their private network. Business based routers keep the main IP such as 10.0.0.1 as the default gateway and assign 10.0.0.2 as subnet for clients. For some brands like Siemens, Edimax, Micronet, 10.0.0.2 becomes the default gateway for login.
Also read about 10.1.10.1
A subnet is a subdivision of an IP network. In a private network, making a subnet starting from 10.0.0.2 also does the job of avoiding any network conflict and facilitates ease of communication inside a network
In a business, since the network is huge, Routers used at such places have 10.0.0.1 as their default gateway login which are configured such that a subnet in them supports a client IP address beginning with 10.0.0.2
What is 10.0.0.2 Router Login Used for?
- IP QoS: Allows you to set bandwidth for computers to avoid heavy load.
- DNS and Proxy Settings: DNS refers to the system that converts a domain name in the machine-readable address, while proxy means the medium for connection between two endpoint devices.
- WPS: known as wifi protection system. It is a standard that helps make wireless communication faster, secure and more efficient.
- MAC Address: Provides unique address among the hardware devices connected to each other in a network.
- LAN, WAN & WLAN settings: Lets you configure different types of area-based networks. You can use 10.0.0.2 DNS for setting the security settings.
- DHCP: Dynamic host configuration protocol allows the server to automatically assign a different address in a sequential manner.
- PPPoE: Called as Point-to-Point over Ethernet, it is a protocol used to establish DSL connection to the internet.
PS: Most importantly the admin login page lets you access your router and wifi username and password.
How to Access 10.0.0.2 Admin Login Page?
To access the network settings,
- Open browser on your system and type 10.0.0.2 in the address bar and press enter.
- You will get the https://10.0.0.2 login page
- Enter the login credentials
- Upon successful login, you will find router network settings
There is also a possibility that you may not be asked to enter any details as is the case with some brands. You may be redirected directly to the configuration settings page.
What to Do in Case You Don’t Remember Your Password?
The best way is to search if you have written it somewhere.
If you still don’t get it, you will have to do a force restart to your router which will configure the router to factory settings.
How to reset the wireless router password?
look for the reset button on your modem and press and hold for 20-30 seconds using a sharp pin pointed object. This shall reset the router and now you can log into the router using default login details.
For users who have never changed their default login credentials, look for the default username and Password in the below table and if can’t find it, contact your router customer support.
Default Router Password and Username List
If you are Comcast router user then refer this guide about Comcast router Admin Page Login
|Router Name||Model||Admin Name||Password||Device Type|
|BEC 7300 GT||Manual||admin||admin||modem|
|Fu Chan FC-AL2011PW||admin||epicrouter||access point|
|Fu Chan FC-AL2014PW||admin||epicrouter||access point|
|Celeno VXT1300||Manual||access point,bridge|
|TRENDnet TPL-111BR||Manual||admin||admin||wireless router|
|Well Communications AWR-8210||Manual||admin||epicrouter||access point,dsl modem|
|Zoom 5590C||Manual||admin||zoomadsl||wireless router,dsl modem|
10.0.0.2 Telkom Login Steps
- Enter http://10.0.0.2 in the address bar of your browser
- Enter your router’s username and passphrase
- Click Log In
- You will have successfully logged into your router settings
Telkom Wifi Password Forgot
Telkom routers last long and are the best options for homes and small office spaces. Since routers have default gateway IP address to log in and access the settings, for Telkom, you need to access it using 10.0.0.2 IP address.
“Telkom Wifi password forgotten” is a widespread problem because users don’t store the credentials safely.Follow the below steps and you will be fine.
When you have forgotten the password, You can either,
- Change the default login credentials or
- Reset the whole system by press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
1. To Change the Default Login and Password
Step 1: Open the browser
In the browser, enter the address https://10.0.0.2 in URL
Step 2: Enter Login Credentials
On the login page, enter the default username and password. For Telkom the default credentials are:
- Username: blank(nothing)
- Password: admin
Step 3: Set Username and Password
Since default login is easy to get, it becomes vulnerable to hacking so the very first thing is to set a unique username and strong alphanumeric password. Example: iateAbanana@2019& , #imiu2019#@%$r
Step 4: Set a unique SSID
SSID is service set identifier. If left unchanged, anyone can guess and enter your router settings. To secure your router, change the SSID to something unique like Mr&MrsLinda or DomsRouter
Step 5: Update Security Settings
In the security tab of routers admin tool, enable WPA2-PSK encryption as its the current industry standard for network encryption.
2. Reset Telkom Router Password
To reset your router,
Step 1: press and hold the reset button with a pointed clip for 15-30 seconds.
Step 2: Release the clip and your router shall be configured to default settings
1. Cannot access 10.0.0.2 from ADSL Router
First, you need to verify if you are using the correct address, Below is the list of some of the popular modems and their IP addresses:
|D-Link||192.168.0.1, 0.30, 0.50, 1.1, 10.1.1.1|
|Motorola||192.168.10.1, 20.1, 30.1, 62.1, 100.1, 102.1, 1.254|
|Trendnet||192.168.0.1, 1.1, 2.1, 10.1,|
|U.S.Robotics||192.168.1.1, 2.1, 123.254|
|Zyxel||192.168.1.1, 2.1, 4.1, 10.1, 1.254, 10.0.0.2, 0.138|
2. 10.0.0.2 is not Loading/Working
Make sure you are using the correct IP address for accessing the router admin tool.
If the address is correct then there is a high possibility that:
- There is some problem in the connection of your router and PC, ensure the wires are connected.Make sure the cable is connected securely.
- If nothing works then you may opt to reset the router and start the process from fresh.
PS: 10.0.0.0.2 is the wrong address. Make sure you are not adding an extra zero.
3. How to change Dlink router password?
Follow the below steps to change Dlink routers password
Resetting Dlink Login Password:
- To change the password, access the page that lets you change the network settings, so open the local browser on your device which is currently connected to the same network. Enter the address http://192.168.0.1 in your address bar. If this doesn’t work then you can try http://dlinkrouter or http://dlinkrouter.local
- By default on all the Dlink Routers, login username is admin and password is not usually assigned, so leave it blank(nothing).
- You will enter the settings page. See the SETUP tab at the top and click on the wireless settings option on the left side of the screen.
- In the settings, see for the manual wireless network setup at the bottom and click on it
- You will see a new screen, scroll down that page where it says “wireless security mode”. Here you will see the section called Pre-shared key.
- Here, enable WPA2 security in the wireless security mode section and create a strong password. Make sure it has alphanumeric and is long enough.
- Once done, click on save settings option and you are all set
Now that you know your default gateway IP, go to HTTP://<default IP address>, you will be able to see the login page. If you don’t, let us know the issue in the comments section.
4. Not Able to Login to Admin Settings (10.0.0.2 not Responding)
Many users make a mistake of using the wrong IP address to get the admin settings page, they may get an error which says “Web page not responding”. You should check if you are entering the correct IP address for your router.
4.1 For Windows Users
- Go to Start
- Click on RUN and see the CMD (command prompt)
- Once the command prompt, a black screen appears, just type IPconfig
- It will show you the IP address where you should try logging in
4.2 For MAC Users
- Go to search bar or just press Command+Spacebar
- Write terminal
- A terminal screen appears, type IPconfig
4.3 Alternate Option for MAC Users
- Open Apple logo in the taskbar
- Click on the option system preferences and search for Network,
- Once done, you will see your IP under the Status: Connected option
Now that you know your default gateway IP address, go to HTTP://<default IP > or 10.0.0.2 DNS (If this is your default gateway address), you will be able to see the login page.
If you don’t, let us know the issue in the comments section.