The IP address, 10.0.0.2, is commonly used by businesses inside a private network. Business based routers keep the main IP such as 10.0.0.1 as the default gateway and assign 10.0.0.2 as a subnet for clients. For some brands like Siemens, Edimax, Micronet, 10.0.0.2 becomes the default gateway for login.
Also Read About 10.1.10.1
A subnet is a subdivision found in an IP network. A private network, making a subnet starting with 10.0.0.2, also avoids any network conflict and facilitates communication inside a network. Since networks are spread across in a business, routers used at such places have 10.0.0.1 as their default gateway login, which can be configured so that the subnet inside supports a client IP address beginning with 10.0.0.2.
What is 10.0.0.2 Router Login Used For?
- IP QoS: This allows you to set bandwidth for computers to avoid a heavy load.
- DNS and Proxy Settings: DNS refers to the system that converts a domain name in the machine-readable address, while proxy means the medium for connection between two endpoint devices.
- WPS: known as a Wi-Fi protection system. It is a standard that helps make wireless communication faster, secure, and more efficient.
- MAC Address: Provides a unique address among the hardware devices connected in a network.
- LAN, WAN & WLAN settings: This enables you to configure different types of area-based networks. You can use 10.0.0.2 DNS for setting the security settings.
- DHCP: The dynamic host configuration protocol enables the server to assign a different address sequentially automatically.
- PPPoE: Called as Point-to-Point over Ethernet, a protocol is used to establish a DSL connection to the internet.
Note: Most notably, the admin login page lets you access your router and Wi-Fi username and password.
How to Access the 10.0.0.2 Admin Login Page?
- Open the browser on your system and type 10.0.0.2 in the address bar, and press enter.
- You will get the https://10.0.0.2 login page.
- Enter the login credentials.
- Upon successful login, you will find router network settings.
It’s also possible that you might not even be asked to enter any details, as is the case with some brands. You may be redirected directly to the configuration settings page.
What to Do in Case You Don’t Remember Your Password?
The best way is to search if you have written it somewhere. If you still don’t have it, you will have to do a force restart on your router, which will configure it back to factory settings.
How to Reset the Wireless Router Password?
Find the reset button on your modem. Next, press and hold for 20-30 seconds using a sharp pinpointed object. This will reset the router, and now you can log into it using default login details.
For users who have never changed their default login credentials, look for the default username and password in the table below and if you still can’t find it, contact your router customer support.
Default Router Password and Username List
If you are a Comcast router user, refer to this guide about Comcast router Admin Page Login.
|Router Name||Model||Admin Name||Password||Device Type|
|BEC 7300 GT||Manual||admin||admin||modem|
|Fu Chan FC-AL2011PW||admin||epicrouter||access point
|Fu Chan FC-AL2014PW||admin||epicrouter||access point
|Celeno VXT1300||Manual||access point,bridge
|TRENDnet TPL-111BR||Manual||admin||admin||wireless router
|Well Communications AWR-8210||Manual||admin||epicrouter||access point,dsl modem|
|Zoom 5590C||Manual||admin||zoomadsl||wireless router,dsl modem
How to Login to the 10.0.0.2 Router?
To access the network settings, do as follows:
- Enter http://10.0.0.2 in the address bar of your browser.
- Enter your router’s username and passphrase.
- Click Log In.
- You will have successfully logged into your router settings.
Telkom Router FAQ and Common Issues
Telkom Wi-Fi Password Forgot
Telkom routers last long and are the best options for homes and small office spaces. Since routers have a default gateway IP address to log in and access the settings, for Telkom, you need to access it using the 10.0.0.2 IP address.
“Telkom Wi-Fi password forgot” is a widespread problem because users don’t store the credentials safely. Go through the following steps. When you have forgotten the password, You can either:
- Change the default login credentials.
- Reset the whole system by the press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
Reset Telkom Router Password
To reset your router:
- Press-and-hold the reset button with a pointed clip for 15-30 seconds.
- Release the clip, and your router will be configured to default settings.
5 Steps to Change the Default Login and Password
Step 1: Open the Browser
In the browser, enter the address https://10.0.0.2 in the URL
Step 2: Enter Login Credentials
Once you’re on the login page, input the default username and password. For Telkom, the default credentials are:
- Login Username: blank(nothing)
- Login Password: admin
Step 3: Set Username and Password
Since default login is easy to get, it becomes vulnerable to hacking, so the first thing is to set a unique username and strong alphanumeric password.
Example: iateAbanana@2019& , #imiu2019#@%$r
Step 4: Set a Unique SSID
The Service Set Identifier (SSID), if left unchanged, will allow anyone to access your router settings. To secure your router, change the SSID to something unique like Mr&MrsLinda or DomsRouter.
Step 5: Update Security Settings
The routers admin tool’s security tab enables WPA2-PSK encryption as it’s the current industry standard for network encryption.
10.0.0.2 FAQ and Common Issues
You cannot access 10.0.0.2 from ADSL Router
First, you need to verify if you are using the correct address. Below is a list of some popular modems and their IP addresses:
|D-Link||192.168.0.1, 0.30, 0.50, 1.1, 10.1.1.1|
|Motorola||192.168.10.1, 20.1, 30.1, 62.1, 100.1, 102.1, 1.254|
|Trendnet||192.168.0.1, 1.1, 2.1, 10.1,|
|U.S.Robotics||192.168.1.1, 2.1, 123.254|
|Zyxel||192.168.1.1, 2.1, 4.1, 10.1, 1.254, 10.0.0.2, 0.138|
10.0.0.2 is not Loading/Working
Make sure you are using the correct IP address for accessing the router admin tool. If the address is correct, then there is a high possibility that:
There is some problem with the connection of your router and PC, ensure the wires are connected. Make sure the cable is connected securely. If nothing works then, you may opt to reset the router and start the process fresh.
Note: 10.0.0.0.2 is the wrong address. Make sure you are not adding an extra zero.
How to change the D-link router password?
Follow the below steps to change the D-link router’s password.
Resetting D-link Login Password
- To change the password, access the page that lets you change the network settings, so open the local browser on your device, currently connected to the same network. Enter the address http://192.168.0.1 in your address bar. If this doesn’t work, then you can go to this link: http://dlinkrouter or http://dlinkrouter.local.
- By default, on all the Dlink Routers, the login username is admin, and the password is not usually assigned, so leave it blank(nothing).
- You will enter the settings page. See the SETUP tab at the top and click on the screen’s left side’s wireless settings option.
- In the settings, see the manual wireless network setup at the bottom and click on it.
- You will see a new screen. Scroll down that page where it says “wireless security mode.” Here you will see the section called Pre-shared key.
- Here, enable WPA2 security in the wireless security mode section and create a strong password. Make sure it has alphanumeric and is long enough.
- Once done, click on the save settings option and you are all set.
Not Able to log in to Admin Settings (10.0.0.2 not Responding)
Many users mistake using the wrong IP address to get the admin settings page; they may see an error that says, “Web page not responding.” You should check if you are entering the correct IP address for your router.
For Windows Users
- Go to Start
- Click on RUN and see the CMD (command prompt)
- Once the command prompt, a black screen appears. Just type IPconfig
- It will show you the IP address where you should try logging in
For MAC Users
- Go to the search bar or just press Command+Spacebar
- Write terminal
- A terminal screen appears; type IPconfig
Alternate Option for MAC Users
- Open the Apple logo on the taskbar
- Click on the option system preferences and search for a network,
- Once done, you will see your IP under the Status: Connected option
Now that you know your default gateway IP address, go to HTTP://<default IP > or 10.0.0.2 DNS (if this is your default gateway address), and you will be able to see the login page. If you don’t, let us know the issue in the comments section.