The Technicolor TC8717T is a router by Comcast which is sold as an Xfinity router. Great for transferring data and other networking activities when working from home, the Technicolor TC8717T router operates with bands from 2.5GHz to 5.0GHz. It also has an 802.11n wireless access point along with four-gigabit ports.
The Technicolor TC8717T boasts a residential gateway that has two port routers and two voice lines that highlight great energy conservation and cost-effective features. You can easily use this router at home or for small workspaces. This is one of the most popular products that rival the Arris standards.
This article will help you figure out how to log into the Technicolor TC8717T router and find the solution to the most common issues that users face with this router model.
Prerequisites to Access the Default Login Gateway of the Technicolor TC8717T Router:
- A system connected to the home Wi-Fi.
- A personal computer to access a browser.
5 Steps to Login to the Technicolor TC8717T Router
Step 1: Open a Web Browser
Enter the default IP address on the search bar/URL of your browser. The IP address for the Technicolor TC8717T router is 192.168.0.1, you can also click on this link: http://192.168.0.1 to directly open the default gateway.
Step 2: Enter the Default Username and Password
If you input the correct IP address for your router, you will be directed to the login screen where you can enter the username and password. If you are operating the router for the first time, use the default username and password, or look for the box of the F5D7230-4 model or the default credentials.
- Login Username: admin
- Login Password: password
Note: The above username-password combination was correct in 95% of cases.
Step 3: Setting Up the Technicolor TC8717T Login Details
The default username and password can be easy to predict. Thus anyone can fiddle with your router so it’s recommended to change the default username and password to make the router more secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to Change your Username and Password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters.
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember.
- Username should be simple and user-friendly.
- The username and password for the Technicolor router need to be written down somewhere as a precaution.
Step 4: Change SSID for the Technicolor TC8717T Router
The different Wi-Fi names that you see inside the network tab is called the Service Set Identifier (SSID). By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as TC8717T. You should change the default name because if you don’t then it will be easy for anyone to guess your details.
- Make the SSID short and simple.
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire.
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router.
Step 5: Secure the Technicolor TC8717T Router Settings
Inside the default gateway, look for the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best possible security level.
Solutions to Technicolor TC8717T Router Issues
1. Technicolor TC8717T Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone else may have changed the default password. The quick fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to Technicolor TC8717T Router
Common sense dictates to try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or look through the Xfinity forums and look for a different set of default passwords to use. If nothing works, try resetting your router.
3. How to Reset the Technicolor Router To Default Settings
Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
Once you’ve tried our recommended guide, tell us in the comments which tips helped you fix your login issues and which ones helped improve your networking experience.