Technicolor TC8717T router unit is made by Comcast and sold as an Xfinity router. They run at a max speed of 2.4Ghz band. You can log in into this router the same way you would do for others. It is a residential gateway that has 2 port router and 2 voice lines which ensure the conservation of energy and cost saving. This router operates between bands of 2.5GHz and 5.0GHz.
You can easily use this router at home or for small businesses. It has 802.11n wireless access point along with 4-gigabit ports. This is one of the most popular products that match that Arris standards. Let’s figure out how to login to the technicolor router and also see the solution to the most common issues that users face.
Prerequisites To access the default login gateway of Technicolor TC8717T
- A system connected to the home Wifi
- A personal computer to access a browser
Steps to Login into Technicolor TC8717T Router
Step 1: Open a web browser
Enter the default IP address in the search bar/URL of your browser. The IP address for Technicolor TC8717T router ls 192.168.0.1, you can also click on this link: http://192.168.0.1 to directly open the default gateway.
Step 2: Enter the default Username and Password
If you enter the correct IP address for your router, you will get the login screen to enter the username and password. If you are operating the router for the first time, use the default username and password, else look for the box of F5D7230-4 model or the default credentials.
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: password
PS: The above username-password combination was correct in 95% of cases.
Step 3: Setting up the Xfinity XB6 Login Details
Default username and password can be easy to predict based on, one can fiddle with your router so It’s recommended to change the default username and password to make the router secure from any suspicious login attempts.
Tips to change your username and password:
- Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters
- Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember
- Username should be user-friendly and simple
- Username and password for Technicolor router needs to be written down somewhere
Step 4: Change SSID for Technicolor TC8717T router
The different wifi names that you see inside the network tab is called SSID or service set identifier. By default, the name that appears is of the brand which manufactures the router so in this case, you may see the SSID as TC8717T. You should change the default name because if you don’t then it will be easy for anyone to guess your details.
- Make the SSID short and simple
- Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire
- Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router
Step 5: Secure Technicolor TC8717T router settings
Inside the default gateway, see for the encryption settings of your network. You need to set the encryption to WPA2-PSK which is the current industry standard. It ensures that your router operates at the best security level possible.
Solutions to Issues of Technicolor TC8717T router
1. Technicolor TC8717T Password Doesn’t Work
The default password is the word “admin”. In case it doesn’t work then most probably you or someone may have changed the default password. The fix is to reset the router. Press-and-hold reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Forgot Password to Technicolor TC8717T Router
First of all, try hard to remember or find the paper where you have written the password. If you don’t find anything then you may try to contact the ISP or Xfinity forums and see for a different set of default password to be used. If nothing works, try doing a reset for your router.
3. How to Reset the Technicolor TC8717T Router To Default Settings
The process is simple. Press-and-hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- When the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.